CREATING THE "PERFECT" KENSHI CANDLEWhen Liam started Kenshi as a 14 year old, he set out to create the “perfect” candle as he knew that the only way to produce a huge social impact was to ensure everyone who tried a Kenshi Candle was not only inspired by the story but also loved the quality and genuine value for money. To fund thousands of tonnes of food a year he knew Kenshi had to create “raving fans” who felt great knowing they are feeding disadvantaged people each time they purchased a Kenshi Candle. (or Diffuser!)
Liam decided to infuse the maximum possible and highest quality fragrance oils with the best soy wax to ensure each Kenshi smelled amazing and burnt properly. However, to achieve this we have realised it is critical to educate our supporters to burn their Kenshi Candles correctly.
CRITICAL THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BURNING YOUR KENSHI CANDLE1. Your first burn should be at least two hours or until the entire surface has turned to liquid wax. This is critical to ensure your candle burns properly when relit.
2. For each subsequent burn make sure the melt pool completes across the surface of the candle before extinguishing. This helps prevent “tunnelling".
3. It is important to trim the wicks to 5-7 mm before each use to help the candle burn evenly and reduce the chance of your candle emitting smoke.
4. Choose an area away from drafts, open air vents or ceiling fans. This will help avoid rapid burning.
HOW LONG WILL MY KENSHI BURN FOR?The average burn time for the 400g is 60 hours and 220g around 30. However, there are a number of factors that influence the total burn time that can vary the final result by up to 33%!
- The room temperature
- if there is any breeze
- the fragrance oil
- your average burn time
- the age of the candle
WARNINGIt is very important that you burn candles responsibly to ensure your safety. Failure to follow instructions may result in fire and injury.
1. It is not wise to burn your Kenshi longer than 4 to 6 hours as the jar may become quite hot and longer burns reduce the total burn time.
2.Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room on a stable, heat- resistant surface and away from any loose fabric such as curtains. Consider placing your Kenshi on the bamboo lid for any surface that may be damaged by a hot candle jar.
3. Stop burning when 10mm of wax remains as the jar may crack.
4. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
5. Keep the wax pool free from wicks and other debris at all times.
6. Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers or the flame becomes too high as the candle isn’t burning properly. Cool, align and trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.